AMALGAMATED UAW LOCAL 724
UAW Local 724 was chartered on May 14, 1940. The Local consists of twelve different worksites that are part of the Independent Parts Suppliers (IPS) and Technical, Office, & Professional (TOP) sector of the UAW. The following are the Bargaining Units of the Local:
- Bharat Forge, affiliated with the UAW in October 1950, is the oldest worksite in the Local. They form steel parts for the automotive and agricultural implement industries.
- Huntsman produces tooling boards for the automotive, agricultural implement and aerospace industries. They joined the UAW in February of 1955.
- Industrial Metal Products or IMPCO produces sophisticated machinery that is used around the world. The skilled trades workforce formed their Unit In June of 1972.
- In April of 1980, the Delta Dental unit became UAW members. The membership provides customer support, data entry, and claims processing for dental insurance market.
- The Lear Mason workforce supplies seats for the Lansing Grand River General Motors plant. Their members joined the UAW in September 1999
- Regional Steel Distribution Center or RSDC also became part of the UAW family in September 1999. The membership supplies cut-to-length and blanking for General Motors stamping plants.
- Dakkota Integrated Systems, UAW affiliated since October 2004, supplies interior cockpit systems for the General Motors Lansing Grand River Rlant. They also produce parts for the Oshawa Canada plant and do some Ford Motors as well.
- In October 2004, the UAW was recognized at the Woodbridge Lansing plant. The membership provides the drive train/power train for the Lansing Grand River GM plant.
- The Dimondale Nursing Care Center provides care for those needing care that can’t be provided at home. They care for many of our loved ones and have been UAW members since October 2005.
- UAW members since February 2006, the Dr. Pepper/7-UP bargaining unit delivers and merchandises their products in the Mid-Michigan area.
- Bridgewater Interiors members produce the seats and headliners for the Lansing Delta Township General Motors plant. They joined the UAW in October 2006.
- The Alliance Interiors Unit joined the UAW in May 2007. They endured a month-long strike in order to reach their first contract. The membership supplies the interior carpeting and some sound deadening materials for the Lansing Delta Township GM plant. They also have some business for the General Motors Spring Hill, TN plant.
Currently the membership stands at around 2,000 members, although layoffs have impacted the active working numbers.